Monday, November 1, 2010

Cattle Drive

Saturday morning we left the house at 5:30 a.m. and hauled the horses over to the Young Ranch outside of Tombstone.  It is 42,000 acres and we were looking for cows.  We found about 125.  I found my own little herd of about 15.  We drove them to a windmill.  (The windmill was my landmark, so I wouldn't get lost).  We ended up with about 125 cows.  I ended up riding drag (trailing) at the rear, when we moved the larger herd.  I need to make a wild rag, so I don't eat so much dust.  Anyway it was great fun.  My horse Twainers had a good time. 

As far as shop news goes, remember the Southern Arizona Shop Hop begins Saturday (November 6) and goes through Sunday (November 13).  Proceeds from the sale of the shop hop pattern (Hoppin Boots) will go to our local food bank.  Come on out and shop.  Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment